Are you looking to make a real difference in people’s lives? Here at iRobot, we deliver innovative consumer robots that span a wide spectrum of duties. We are constantly striving to find better ways to free people from home chores, and we have fun while doing so.
We are seeking a talented, motivated and highly experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to join our fantastic Electrical Engineering department in performing radio frequency (RF) engineering development. You will be responsible to develop and integrate RF technologies (radios, antennas) across our portfolio of products. You will have significant impact to our wireless technology adoption.
You will become part of a small group of highly experienced EE’s working together to test, diagnose and provide solutions to product design teams in order connect our robots to user’s homes, smart devices, and robot accessories.
• Perform technical analysis and down-selection of radio chipsets and modules
- Characterize and benchmark competitive radio solutions.
• Perform antenna simulation and tuning using ANSYS HFSS
• Work with our in-house EMC facilities and engineers to measure and optimize antenna and antenna radiation patterns
• Perform antenna measurements (S11, radiation, efficiency) using in-house and 3rd-party chambers.
• Develop radio calibration and test methodologies
• Maintain relationships and collaborate with major semiconductor players in the consumer RF marketspace.
• Setup and measure Radio performance at the
- PCBA-level (to evaluate any potential local issues prior to system integration)
- Product-level (from prototype to production versions)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 20 million robots and globally employ more than 600 of the robot industry’s best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. We also have offices in California, Europe, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer