We are looking for a Principal Manufacturing Quality Engineer based in Guizhou, China.
1) Implement business rules for Contract Manufacturer/sub-tier suppliers with respect to quality requirements. These shall include, but are not limited to: IQC (raw materials & components), vendor management, work in process and finished goods QA requirements, implementation of validation testing requirements (for product and process), and implementation of reliability testing protocols.
2) Define and manage process and product validation protocol to support production at Contract Manufacturer/sub-tier suppliers.
3) Ensures Contract Manufacturer/sub-tier suppliers meet quality standards (specifications) by drive CM fully implement PPAP, APQP, Quality Plan and PFMEA process.
4) Monitors quality in the field. Analysis of defect products inclusive of leading indicators that suggest improvement or degradation of product quality. Drive quality problem / manufacturing problem / facilities problem solution if it is necessary and follow bug system and action plan.
5) Collaborates with Design by Quality and Contract Manufacturer/sub-tier suppliers/sub-tier suppliers to enhance product quality standards. Provide regular feedback to Corporate QA for key DFM opportunities /continuous improvement as per Contract Manufacturer/sub-tier suppliers process capability review.
6) Periodical verification on all aspects of production line testing, inspection, measurement to make sure the MSA effectiveness. Periodical process audit to make sure specification, requirements and QCP are fully implemented.
7) Applies Lean Manufacturing techniques (5S, Kan ban /pull, Set-up reduction, TPM, flow manufacturing, poke yoke error proofing, SPC) and process management skills to identify and implement continuous improvement activities within the facility.
8) Interface with management in overseas, and work closely with inter-department colleagues, customers, and vendors on all quality related issues.
9) Follow SCAR process to drive supplier implement 8D and 5 why for any significant quality issues to contribute the reduction of filed product return.
10) Weekly and monthly report supplier quality performance by submit data and statistics including yield , PPM, Cpk , ORT, BBT, top issues to drive CMs for continuous improvement.
11) Work with relevant parties to make sure timely quality deliverables (QCP, CM process qualification, PLTS support, RGT support, etc.) for new programs.
1. Degree in Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or its equivalent with qualification in quality management.
2. Minimum 7 years work experience in sizable multinational EMS or Automotive or Medical Equipment Manufacturing. 5 years work experience for quality engineer.
3. Well versed with multinational corporation culture preferable.
4. Good working knowledge in system/process control, reliability engineering, Aggressive for best quality.
5. Thorough knowledge in ISO systems, TQM, LEAN, Six Sigma, quality systems requirements, compliance and quality certifications.
6. Proactive problem solving attitude, responsible and able to work under pressure.
7.Strong communication skills, Problem-solving skills.
8. Speak English is must.
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 20 million robots and globally employ more than 600 of the robot industry’s best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
Our office is in the heart of Guangzhou in the Tianhe District. iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts. We also have offices in California, Europe, Japan, Shanghai & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer